An 8-week course aimed at helping you understand your relationships (romantic, friendships, work colleagues or family), and how to improve them.
Why this support group?
- Habitual ways of relating are often reproduced in the group setting. This gives you and the group the opportunity to notice, examine and understand the difficulties that arise. This, in turn allows new, more productive patterns of relating to emerge and become established.
- A group can provide feelings of togetherness, hope, altruism, empathy.
- More affordable that one-to-one group therapy.
- Participants discover that other group members have had similar kinds of experiences to themselves. People often describe huge relief in hearing that other people also think and feel the same sort of things that they do. The realisation that you not alone, or “wrong” for thinking and feeling the way you do, can be a life changing experience for some people.
- Participants start getting a real sense of how they are experience by others through feedback from, and interaction with, other members.
- The group context offers a relatively safe space in which new ways of relating can be thought about and tried out.
What to expect?
- 8 weekly sessions
- 1hr45 per session
- Tuesday evenings (6.30pm-8pm) or Wednesday daytime (11am-1pm) (depending on demand/need)
- £20p/session or £150 if paid for up front
- Maximum 6 people
- Earliest start February 2020 – we will start when we have enough participants.
- The group will be closed once full to maintain consistency within the group.
- The group will have the option of continuing after the original 8 session block.
- Each session will have a mix of tools and tips, peer support and 1-2-1 support.
Who is it for?
- People seeking to learn new skills in relationships – whether they be romantic, friendships, work colleagues or family
- People wanting to understand more about what happens, and why, in their relationships
- Peer support
- People seeking a place to share concerns with others who may be experiencing similar problems to you
If you’re interested:
- Please feel free to contact me to arrange a short telephone call in order for us to find out a little bit more about one another, and if this group might be suitable for you.
- If, at this point you still wish to pursue joining the group, we will arrange a suitable time to meet for an individual session in order for us to get to know each other a little more and for me to take a brief history from you. This session is charged at the reduced rate of £35.
- If you decide after this that you do wish to join the group, I ask for two group sessions payment upfront (£40) to secure your place.
What to expect
- The group consists of between four and six people.
- We meet at the same time, and on the same day, once a week, and the session lasts for 1hr 45 minutes.
- You will be expected to commit to all 8 sessions
- Safety and boundaries are a top priority of mine. At the beginning of a new group forming, we all discuss and commit to confidentiality – meaning that members do not speak about what other people in the group have shared, outside of the therapy session.
- I aim for each group to be an exciting and supportive environment.
For further information, or to arrange an appointment, please get in touch via my Contact page. I look forward to speaking with you soon.